LITIGATION // 01
Litigation \ˌli-tə-ˈgā-shən\ : the act or process of bringing or contesting a legal action. The definition doesn't help much does it? This simply means disputes that arise between two or more parties. Litigation doesn't always lead to the filing of a lawsuit or having to defend a lawsuit as there are often many opportunities to arrive at an alternative resolution. I like to include, as examples of litigation, the following types of legal matters:
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Offenses
- Operating a vehilce while impaired (OVI / DUI) & Traffic Offenses
- Foreclosures & Debt Collection
- Breach of Contractual Relationship
- Domestic Relations (Divorce or Dissolution)
- Courtroom Advocacy & Appellate Practice
WILLS, POA's, REAL ESTATE &
SMALL BUSINESS // 02
What do Wills, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate and Small Business have in common? They all have documents which are drafted in order to memorialize or give notice of an individual's intent.
I counsel and work with individuals to draft or establish:
- Last Will & Testament
- Durable (or General) Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Living Will Declarations
- Real Estate Deeds, Leases & Land Contracts
- Small Businesses (choice of entity and formation)
- Nonprofit Organizations
SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY // 03
According to the Social Security Administration, you may deemed "disabled" and entitled to benefits if:
• You can no longer do the work you did before the onset of a severe medical condition(s); AND
• You cannot adjust to performing other work because of the medical condition(s); AND
• The disabling condition(s) has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death
This definition is more strict than what your healthcare providers may use when talking to you about being "disabled." The key issue for the Administration is usually whether your condition is severe enough - not whether the condition exists.
The disability process maybe lengthy and stressful. However, my office can help ease the burden. I can assist you from the initial application and any appeals before an Administrative Law Judge. There are also no legal fees collected unless you win.
INCOME TAX PREPARATION // 04
Admit it - you just love tax season. Okay, maybe you don't, but believe it or not, I do. People are often unaware that law school curriculum requires students to pass an extensive course in Federal Income Taxation. My office is registered with the IRS as an authorized preparer.
I can help you prepare:
• 1040 (or 1040EZ if qualified) and all applicable Schedules and/or required secondary forms
• Ohio State IT-1040
• Applicable local forms or the Ohio School District SD-100
We offer competitive tax preparation rates with free electronic filing of the Federal and State returns. Returns can be prepared while you wait or you can drop off your tax documents and come back later.
***The information you obtain on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Please consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.***